Finding the adoption agency
>> Sunday, February 28, 2010
I am a big believer in signs. I think there is a guiding force in our lives. Some people feel it is the hand of God. Others believe it is destiny. Although I can't define it, I know that this guiding hand is present in my life.
Shortly after Jed and I began talking about adoption I received an email about an upcoming adoption seminar that was being held near our home. I had never received an email like this before, but there it was just when we needed it.
I went to the seminar and met a wonderful couple that work for an adoption agency and have also adopted two children themselves. The agency was founded by a couple who were so touched by the plight of Romanian orphans in the late 1980's that they adopted one. This led them on a path of adopting other children and eventually starting the agency. I immediately felt comfortable with the staff from the agency.
We started researching the different adoption programs offered by this agency and others. I started reading everything I could get my hands on about adoption.
Our heads swam with questions. Should we adopt internationally? How would the kids feel about having a new brother or sister? Does it make sense financially? After having made the decision to quit after having two kids, are we now ready for a third? What age child should we adopt? Boy or girl?
0 comments:
Post a Comment