I really love paperwork
>> Tuesday, August 31, 2010
I had every intention of sitting down last week to write a post about our Favorable Determination Letter coming in the mail. The FDL is the last official piece of paperwork from the US government that says we are approved to adopt. I did my little happy dance at the mailbox (an all too common site during the adoption process) when I saw the Homeland Security return address. But I also knew that we might be in for more paperwork . . .
We have decided to change our request from a baby girl 0-14 months to a baby girl 0-24 months! An infant sounds perfect, but then again so does a toddler. All along Jed has been imagining our daughter as a toddler. In my mind I see her at all ages, from an itty bitty baby to a chubby toddler with a mind of her own. So we will change our request and put it in God's hands to bring us the daughter we are meant to have.
But like all things adoption related, this is not an easy process. Our adoption agency has to approve the change, then our home study agency approves the change and amends our home study, then we have to send the revised home study to the government to update our I-600 form. That FDL that I was so happy to get now has to be changed.
The paperwork is such a tiny inconvenience compared to the peace we feel in our hearts making this change.
1 comments:
Excited for ya'll! I know that God has already picked out a special little girl for ya'll, and she'll be so worth all the extra paperwork!
Post a Comment