My Kids Just Keep Amazing Me
>> Tuesday, December 14, 2010
I have been doing a lot of babysitting to raise money for the adoption. On Saturday I gave six year old Laine $5 for helping me with the kids I was babysitting. She looked at the $5 bill in her hand and then handed it back to me and said she wanted me to use the money for her baby sis. I told her she had earned the money and could keep it. A little bit later I saw her sneak over to our adoption piggy bank and put the money in anyway.
Today when Jared came home from school he went right to work creating a book. He wrote stories in it and drew pictures. He spent a lot of time on it and was very proud of his work. Then he told me his great idea. He said, "I am going to advertise my book and then people can bid on it and I will use the money for our adoption. Maybe even Bill Gates will bid on it!" My sweet, sweet seven year old boy.
They have never complained about the long wait for their sister. They have never complained about the things they have given up so that we can pay for the adoption. They aren't worried about us leaving them for a week when we go to Ethiopia.
They have amazing faith. They are strong and courageous. They are so good and pure. If I can be one tenth as amazing as they are I will be a happy woman.
1 comments:
Post a Comment