216 days

>> Tuesday, January 18, 2011

216 days.

That is how long we have been on the waitlist to be matched to our daughter. That is 7 months and 2 days. When we joined our agency the approximate wait time was 6-8 months. By the time our paperwork was finished they had changed the estimate to 8-10 months. Well, we know we won't be getting matched in a month. But I am still holding out some hope that it will be within the 10 month time frame.

224 days.

That is how long I was pregnant with Laine. It may seem weird that I know the exact number of days. I was on vacation in France without Jed and we know I got pregnant the night I came home. We don't know why Laine came early. Although if you know Laine's personality you know that she is not the most patient person.

I don't remember the 224 days with Laine going by so slowly. But like most painful things in motherhood, I am sure the joy of our new daughter will completely overshadow this long wait.

2 comments:

meurrier January 18, 2011 at 11:05 PM  

I'm your newest follower, and I'm looking foward to meeting you at Created For Care!

The Hull's at #4 January 20, 2011 at 10:58 PM  

Amanda, I miss you and can't wait to go all the way to Atlanta to see you!!! Hahaha! We need to plan another visit!

Blessings!
Kim

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP