I Have a Travel Buddy
>> Wednesday, February 2, 2011
When Ethiopia instituted the two trip policy we knew that Jed wouldn't go with me on the second trip. We are having a hard time leaving the kids for one trip, let alone two. But we also knew that I didn't want to make that second trip alone.
Over the last six months I have talked to a few friends and family members about going with me. Some loved the idea but knew it wouldn't really work out for them to go. A few said they would go, but only if I couldn't find someone else, they just didn't want me to go alone.
Well I am thrilled to say I have a confirmed travel buddy, my sister-in-law Jen. Jen is married to my brother Ed and is one of the sweetest people I have ever known. She is awesome with kids and very easy going (not someone who will flinch at traveling for 30+ hours to a third world country).
I am super excited about traveling with Jen. She lives in another state so we will have to work out the details when we get a little closer. For now I will rest easier knowing that I have such a wonderful person to be with during this crazy journey.
PS: Super, huge thanks to my mom for helping make it possible for me and Jen to travel together!
2 comments:
So glad that you have a great travel buddy, and I love seeing how God has provided all your groceries!!! So amazing! Thanks for sharing!
I am honored to travel with you and meet Gayle ini her naive country. I can't wait to start packing.
Post a Comment