July Number!!!

>> Thursday, July 14, 2011



That's right, we are officially #3 for our little girl!!! Wow, after 13 months of waiting I actually cried when I saw that number. It feels like she is within reach and that is a pretty amazing feeling.

We should get "THE CALL" anytime within the next month or two. We don't know the family that is #1 but we do know the family that is #2 are waiting on a child under 12 months. We may actually be the #1 family for a child over 12 months so it really could be any time!

The courts in Ethiopia will be closing in a few weeks for their annual two month break. We don't know the exact date they will reopen but it should be early October. This means that if we get our referral in the next month we could still hope to go to court in maybe late October or November. Then we would have a shot at bringing her home in December. Oh, how I would love to have her here for Christmas!

As excited as the Jones adults are the Jones kids are possibly even more excited (in the way that only kids can be!). Laine was the first to learn our new number and she ran through the house yelling, "number three" over and over again. On Tuesday we were at the pool and I watched Jared play with a toddler boy for about 45 minutes. He didn't even know the little boy but he sat next to the boy and his mom and handed him toys and gently splashed in the water with him. The mom came up to me later and said she had never met such a sweet little boy and said he should have a little brother or sister. I told her we are working on it.

3 comments:

Alison July 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM  

YAY!!! love your new number! Praying that is the last "number post" you will ever write! :)

April July 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

You are SOOOOOO close. Yes, keep that phone close by!!! I can't wait to see your announcement. :)

Sarah July 15, 2011 at 5:35 PM  

So exciting and SOOO close!!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP