Homestudy paperwork submitted

>> Thursday, April 22, 2010

I mailed off our first batch of paperwork for the homestudy today! Jed and I worked through it all pretty fast and I was pretty excited to drop that thick packet of paper into the mailbox.

We are still waiting for our doctor to give us a form that we need for the adoption agency. Our application can't be finalized without it. I asked for it on Monday and I am trying to take deep breaths and wait patiently for it.

I am reminded of the prayer they use in AA:

God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change,
courage to change the things we can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

There will be many, many times in the process where I am waiting on someone else. I have to accept that I cannot change that and learn to be patient. But that is easier said than done. Right now all I can think is that the delay with the medical form is costing me 4 days (so far) with our daughter. I am in need of a big dose of serenity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP