Oh, Are You Still Doing That?
>> Monday, November 8, 2010
"Oh, are you still doing that?" That was what a friend asked me recently when I mentioned the adoption. Yikes! I feel like I talk about the adoption all the time to my family and close circle of friends. I guess I don't talk about it often enough because obviously some people weren't even sure we were still doing it! This was a PTA friend that donated very generously to our adoption fundraiser last spring. Over the summer she kind of forgot about it and I haven't talked about it as much this school year.
Time feels so unreal during the adoption process. Sometimes it is agonizingly slow, then all of a sudden two months have gone by. Sometimes we go weeks without moving up on the waitlist and then there is a flood of referrals and we jump six spots in a day or two. And sometimes the referrals trickle in at a slow pace and I despair that we will ever reach the number one spot.
I never know if I should be sharing our progress all the time, or just waiting for those big milestones. In two weeks we will officially have been on the waitlist for five months. We started as number 70 and I have a very realistic hope that we will be 35 when we hit that five month mark. So we should expect about 5 more months of waiting.
Yes, we are still doing that.
1 comments:
Oh I struggle with the same thing! I don't want to BORE people with my "no news" or just a number change...but it's oozing out of my pores! Everything I do I think about my sweet girl!!!
Post a Comment