Our government working for us!
>> Thursday, May 27, 2010
I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from our senator's office today. We requested that he contact the FBI on our behalf to try to expedite our background checks. His staff called to get the tracking number so that the FBI can work on it! If we actually get the background back faster I will be so amazed.
We talked on the phone with our case worker last night and she confirmed that both Jed and I have to travel for the first trip to Ethiopia. We don't want to leave Jared and Laine in the US without us but it looks like we have no choice. On one hand I am so glad Jed will get to experience those first moments with her, but on the other hand I worry that something could happen to both of us when we are there. The extra $2,500 for the plane ticket doesn't help my stress either!
Tomorrow is Jared's last day of school and it is always bittersweet when the year comes to an end. But I am also very excited to have both my kiddos home with me for the summer! I took the kids swimming today after school. It felt like a little taste of summer.
0 comments:
Post a Comment